You can use our cross-platform cloud saving feature to upload your saved game data to our servers, then retrieve this data on a different advice – even if that other device runs a different platform! For example, you can transfer your save files between Windows and Android.
To start using this feature, ensure that you have an active internet connection and nothing is blocking the game from accessing our server, such as a firewall or anti-virus software.
- At the title menu, select “Cloud Storage”. You should see a menu that looks something like the following:
- Next, choose “Export to Cloud”. A list of your save files will appear.
- Choose the file you want to upload to the cloud. Just as you have five different save slots stored on your device, you also have five different save slots in the cloud. Choose one of the slots in the cloud where you want to export your file, as shown below.
- The file should be uploaded to the cloud now!
- To retrieve the file later on, select “Import From Cloud” at the original menu instead, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you want to retrieve this file on a different device, you’ll need to know the Cloud ID you used to upload the original file. To find it, choose “View/Edit Cloud ID” at the original menu. You can set your other devices to use this same Cloud ID, thereby allowing you to access your save files on any device!
- If we ever ask you to send us your save file for debugging purposes, please upload your save file to the cloud, then e-mail your Cloud ID to [email protected] We’ll be able to retrieve this file that way.