In today’s patch, the main focus is to make some big changes to the artifacts system. Rather than wasting your time explaining why the current implementation is bad, I’m just going to jump right into how the new system works. It’s very similar to the old system, except I’ve removed or changed some of the more frustrating things about it.
- Each type of artifact (swords, axes, etc) now comes with one guaranteed stat. Each type of artifact has a different stat. Swords always grant a bonus to the Attack stat, while Bows always grant a bonus to your chance to deal critical damage with attacks.
- When you find an artifact (such as in treasure chests), all the stats that artifact has are considered “innate”. Innate stats cannot be reforged or disenchanted, but they typically have higher values than non-innate stats. Traits are never considered “innate”, so you can always disenchant a trait from any artifact under all circumstances.
- Innate stats are marked with * before each stat name.
- Everything else stays the same as before. There are a few small quality-of-life improvements that I didn’t mention here, but that’s about it.
- Bonus: six new rare artifact properties have been added to the game, along with crafting materials for these properties.
- Note: the artifacts that you acquired before this patch will be treated as if only their first stat is innate.
Everything about this system simply makes it feel more streamlined and easier to understand.
For more information, check out the library.