I can’t believe this is the 4th year that I’m privileged to write one of these. What a busy year it’s been! Let’s take a look at what we accomplished together:
- We announced our most ambitious game to date: The Negative! Look forward to this game in late 2018 or early 2019.
- We announced Siralim 3. You’ll be able to play it soon enough, and it’s going to blow you away.
- We released a new game as a side project: Learn Kana The Fun Way!
- We released Siralim 2 on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
- We launched a free content update for Siralim called “Invasion”.
- We launched a free content update for Siralim 2 called “Renaissance”.
- We overhauled our website and started a blog to share more details about our games, as well as general game development.
- We launched a merchandise shop.
- We expanded our team to bring you even more games at a much faster pace than ever before.
These accomplishments are nothing compared to what is to come in 2018:
- Siralim 3 will be released on all platforms.
- The Negative will (hopefully) enter Early Access testing.
- Another RPG is in the pipeline that should be out in mid- to late-2018.
- We will support additional platforms with our games. Specifically, we hope to support Xbox One. It’s too soon to talk about Nintendo Switch, but we are trying very hard to make it happen. And by “trying”, I mean that I’m sitting around and hoping GameMaker supports it soon.
- Siralim and Siralim 2 will be released on physical media for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
I have a lot of people to thank this year. My thanks extend far beyond what words can convey, but I’ll do my best:
I want to thank Maarten Boot for his dedicated work on The Negative’s graphics. His passion fuels what promises to be one of the most satisfying games we’ve ever made.
I want to thank Tim Bongiovanni for creating some of the most evocative video game music I’ve ever heard. I can’t wait to share some of the work he’s done. This also marks the 4th year I’ve been working with Tim.
I want to thank JC Malapit for doing such an amazing job on graphics for The Negative (battle effects), Siralim 3, and Learn Kana The Fun Way. This is now the 4th year I’ve been working with JC.
I want to thank Joshua Queen for creating such nostalgic, high-energy music and sound effects for Siralim 3 and Learn Kana The Fun Way.
I want to thank Janette Ramos for the amazing, hand-painted app icons, title screens, and marketing media she’s created for Siralim 2, Siralim 3, and The Negative.
I want to thank Mario (Umaro) and Sergio for their timely and professional work on writing Siralim 3’s creature lore.
I want to thank Shaun Musgrave and everyone at TouchArcade for continuing to support our games on their website. In turn, we plan to do our part and support them next year as they’re struggling to survive due to a volatile industry climate. (You can do your part to support them as well.)
I want to thank Doug, Josh, and everyone else at Limited Run Games for making it possible even for small developers like us to publish our games on physical media.
I want to thank all the content creators out there who published reviews and videos to showcase our games.
I want to thank all the people on our forums, Discord, and social media for helping us to maintain an active community. I’d also like to thank many of those same people for their color palette contributions for Siralim 3’s Singular Creatures.
And finally, and absolutely most importantly, I want to thank you for being the best customer and player anyone could ever ask for. Your passionate feedback and the excitement you show toward our games is the primary reason I’m still able to write this retrospective 4 years later. I promise to make each year better than the last, and I can’t wait to show you what we’ve come up with for Siralim 3, The Negative and our other unannounced projects very soon.
I hope you have a safe and happy New Year!